Professor of Physics
Gleb Finkelstein is an experimental physicist interested in inorganic and biologically inspired nanostructures: carbon nanotubes, graphene, and self-assembled DNA 'origami'. These objects reveal a variety of interesting electronic properties that may form a basis for future detectors and sensors, or serve as individual devices in quantum information processing.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Physics
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Office Location: 093 Physics, Science Drive, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-2523
- Ph.D. Weizmann Institute of Science (Israel), 1998
- M.S. Weizmann Institute of Science (Israel), 1998
- B.S. Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, 1991
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Fellow. American Physical Society. 2015
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award. National Science Foundation. 2003
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program. National Science Foundation. 2003
- Award for excellence in graduate research. Wolf Foundation. 1998
- Daniel Brener Memorial Prize for Ph.D. studies. Graduate School, Weizmann Institute of Science. 1996
- Distinction Prize for M.Sc. studies. Graduate School, Weizmann Institute of Science. 1993
- PHYSICS 271L: Electronics
- PHYSICS 362D: Electricity and Magnetism
- PHYSICS 363: Thermal Physics
- PHYSICS 563: Introduction to Statistical Mechanics
- Draelos, AW; Wei, MT; Seredinski, A; Ke, CT; Mehta, Y; Chamberlain, R; Watanabe, K; Taniguchi, T; Yamamoto, M; Tarucha, S; Borzenets, IV; Amet, F; Finkelstein, G, Investigation of Supercurrent in the Quantum Hall Regime in Graphene Josephson Junctions, Journal of Low Temperature Physics, vol 191 no. 5-6 (2018), pp. 288-300 [10.1007/s10909-018-1872-9] [abs].
- Seredinski, A; Draelos, A; Wei, M-T; Ke, C-T; Fleming, T; Mehta, Y; Mancil, E; Li, H; Taniguchi, T; Watanabe, K; Tarucha, S; Yamamoto, M; Borzenets, IV; Amet, F; Finkelstein, G, Supercurrent in Graphene Josephson Junctions with Narrow Trenches in the Quantum Hall Regime, Mrs Advances, vol 3 no. 47-48 (2018), pp. 2855-2864 [10.1557/adv.2018.469] [abs].
- Borzenets, IV; Amet, F; Ke, CT; Draelos, AW; Wei, MT; Seredinski, A; Watanabe, K; Taniguchi, T; Bomze, Y; Yamamoto, M; Tarucha, S; Finkelstein, G, Ballistic Graphene Josephson Junctions from the Short to the Long Junction Regimes., Physical Review Letters, vol 117 no. 23 (2016) [10.1103/physrevlett.117.237002] [abs].
- Zhang, G; Chung, C-H; Ke, CT; Lin, C-Y; Mebrahtu, H; Smirnov, AI; Finkelstein, G; Baranger, HU, Universal Nonequilibrium I-V Curve at an Interacting Impurity Quantum Critical Point, arXiv, vol 1609 (2016) [abs].
- Ke, CT; Borzenets, IV; Draelos, AW; Amet, F; Bomze, Y; Jones, G; Craciun, M; Russo, S; Yamamoto, M; Tarucha, S; Finkelstein, G, Critical Current Scaling in Long Diffusive Graphene-Based Josephson Junctions., Nano Letters, vol 16 no. 8 (2016), pp. 4788-4791 [10.1021/acs.nanolett.6b00738] [abs].