Professor of Physics
Gleb Finkelstein is an experimental physicist interested in inorganic and biologically inspired nanostructures: carbon nanotubes, graphene, and self-assembled DNA 'origami'. These objects reveal a variety of interesting electronic properties that may form a basis for future detectors and sensors, or serve as individual devices in quantum information processing.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Physics
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Office Location: 093 Physics, Science Drive, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-2523
- Ph.D. Weizmann Institute of Science (Israel), 1998
- M.S. Weizmann Institute of Science (Israel), 1998
- B.S. Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, 1991
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Fellow. American Physical Society. 2015
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award. National Science Foundation. 2003
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program. National Science Foundation. 2003
- Award for excellence in graduate research. Wolf Foundation. 1998
- Daniel Brener Memorial Prize for Ph.D. studies. Graduate School, Weizmann Institute of Science. 1996
- Distinction Prize for M.Sc. studies. Graduate School, Weizmann Institute of Science. 1993
- PHYSICS 271L: Electronics
- PHYSICS 362D: Electricity and Magnetism
- PHYSICS 363: Thermal Physics
- PHYSICS 563: Introduction to Statistical Mechanics
- Draelos, AW; Silverman, A; Eniwaye, B; Arnault, EG; Ke, CT; Wei, MT; Vlassiouk, I; Borzenets, IV; Amet, F; Finkelstein, G, Subkelvin lateral thermal transport in diffusive graphene, Physical Review B, vol 99 no. 12 (2019) [10.1103/PhysRevB.99.125427] [abs].
- Draelos, AW; Wei, M-T; Seredinski, A; Li, H; Mehta, Y; Watanabe, K; Taniguchi, T; Borzenets, IV; Amet, F; Finkelstein, G, Supercurrent Flow in Multiterminal Graphene Josephson Junctions., Nano Letters, vol 19 no. 2 (2019), pp. 1039-1043 [10.1021/acs.nanolett.8b04330] [abs].
- Draelos, AW; Wei, MT; Seredinski, A; Ke, CT; Mehta, Y; Chamberlain, R; Watanabe, K; Taniguchi, T; Yamamoto, M; Tarucha, S; Borzenets, IV; Amet, F; Finkelstein, G, Investigation of Supercurrent in the Quantum Hall Regime in Graphene Josephson Junctions, Journal of Low Temperature Physics, vol 191 no. 5-6 (2018), pp. 288-300 [10.1007/s10909-018-1872-9] [abs].
- Seredinski, A; Draelos, A; Wei, MT; Ke, CT; Fleming, T; Mehta, Y; Mancil, E; Li, H; Taniguchi, T; Watanabe, K; Tarucha, S; Yamamoto, M; Borzenets, IV; Amet, F; Finkelstein, G, Supercurrent in Graphene Josephson Junctions with Narrow Trenches in the Quantum Hall Regime, Mrs Advances, vol 3 no. 47-48 (2018), pp. 2855-2864 [10.1557/adv.2018.469] [abs].
- Finkelstein, G; Amet, F, Superconductivity: When Andreev meets Hall, Nature Physics, vol 13 no. 7 (2017), pp. 625-626 [10.1038/nphys4195] [abs].